Sunday, September 2, 2012

No More Bad Hair Days!

Well, I finally did it. I shaved my head. I was losing enough hair every time I touched it to realize it was on it's way to falling out and knew I didn't want to watch it come out in large clumps and be traumatized, so after talking it over and crying with Jonas, we decided it was time. Talk about a bonding experience! I think we both had tears in our eyes as he picked up the scissors and chopped it off. Even for a husband, I can't imagine what a weird experience that must have been for him. But, as soon as he did it I felt relief. No more time spent worrying about when and how it was going to fall out. It was almost kind of freeing! Jonas actually loves it and begs me not to cover my head with hats and scarves. I was worried about my 4 year old son and how he would react the next morning to me coming out of my room with no hair. Although we had prepared him for that, I'm not sure anyone can be too prepared for the actual site of it. But when he saw me he told me I was still beautiful and then added that my hair felt like sand paper and I could now sand things around the house that need sanding. :) so cute. My 1 year old just laughs and then slaps or licks my head. Hoping that reaction changes soon. :)

I've been stocking up on scarves and practiced lastnight how to tie them and accessorize them and I won't lie, I'm pretty excited about all the looks I can do with those. And really, it is SO great to be able to wake up and not have to do a thing about my hair!!! I'm loving that.

Aside from the hair I've been having a wonderful weekend. Thanks again for your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Becky, I can't wait to see what you do with the scarves! You look beautiful just the way you are though. Your beauty comes from within and believe me, you are radiant! I pray for you and your family. You are a fighter and you can beat this. Pat Mullen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously look amazing! Your beautiful facial structure stands out even more now and I love it!!
    PS The scarves are so fun! I can't wait to see how you wear them. Looking forward to fashion and health posts! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a total runway model! I knew you would look gorgeous with a shaved head but you look even more beautiful than I thought. You have the perfect head and cheekbones for it. I love you and can't wait to see you soon! so proud of you. xo

    ReplyDelete