Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Today I went in to have a port put in my collar bone area for future bloodwork, IVs, etc. I'm pretty sore right now and am hoping it heals up quickly. I won't be able to do chemo tomorrow after all since my white blood cell count is still pretty low. I'd so appreciate your prayers that I don't develop any kind of infection with my port incision area healing up. Because I am sore and little movements can hurt the port area, I've been sitting on the couch with my ice pack, watching my wonderful husband clean the house....fold 3 laundry baskets of laundry, do the dishes.... put the kids to bed... He's amazing. :) And he does it without complaining. I couldn't ask for a better partner through this experience. So please be praying my white blood cell count goes up so that I'm not at such a risk for infections, etc and I can go out and socialize some while I feel good! :) I'd prefer not to have to wear a mask while going out if possible. Although I know Jonas would come up with some creative design to draw on it, just to spice things up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment