Friday, September 14, 2012

We Hold to This

14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold outc the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Phil: 2:14-18

In a day and time when it's easy to complain and complain and, oh yeah, complain, I take heart in this scripture.  This has been my theme scripture for a long time.  As Becky and I go through this journey called cancer it rings truer than ever.  It would be easy for me to ask why.  It would be easy for both of us to complain about this disease and the toll that it's taking on our lives and family.  We're not holier than thou and we DO NOT think that we have some superior knowledge somehow gained through our struggle.  HA!  We're barely hanging on.  But the entire premise of our lives is that we hold to what the Word of God (BIBLE) says.  This means that when times are hard, when thinks kick us in the teeth, we can come to this source and revel in it's words.  Today this one hit me again.

Take heart in the hope that is Jesus today.  As you go through your struggles note that there are things set in motion before the beginning of time that God has ordained for your life.  If we can keep our focus on this fact we can face today.  Each one of us is a vessel ready to be filled by something.  What we choose to fill it with is our choice.  Today I will make a conscious decision to fill it with love, hope, and character.  All of these things I've learned from watching my incredible wife.  

My beautiful wife has always been a light in my world.  Today I see her "Shining like the stars in the universe."  

JONAS

No comments:

Post a Comment